Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rock Star Supersucko....

Last night I decided to give this ‘great’ show rockstar supernova a listen. My two closest musical friends watch it and of course my favorite patio dwellers. It can’t be that bad right? Wrong! I had briefly seen pieces of it before, I won’t lie, I mean who wouldn’t stop flipping channels when Brooke Burke is on the screen? While I did not sit through the whole thing, I did watch for a few minutes turn the channel and come back, so I maybe saw half. To me, it is just bad.....these people can’t sing, even when they scream it sounds contrived. It seems every person that tries to sing now a days sounds exactly the same...that low rasp on top of this semi-baritone voice and out of breath before the end of the line.

Now admittedly, I hate rock stars. Despise them in fact. It is not me trying to be different or cool either....I just hate the attitude, the image conciousness, etc. It even effects what I listen to at times. I am not sure I will buy the new Killers album coming out just because Brandon Flowers is such a huge ass hole.

Anyway, in order to cleanse my ears and stay true to making lists out of anything on this blog, the following is a list of my favorite vocalists/singers playing today:

Jeff Tweedy - Wilco
Eddie Vedder - Pearl Jam
Matt Berninger - The National
Ian Sefchick - Creeper Lagoon/ On The Speakers
Kele - Bloc Party
Thom Yorke - Radiohead
Ed Harcourt
Ryan Adams
David Line - Seafood
Amy Milan - Stars

1 Comments:

Blogger quank said...

leslie feist of feist and broken social scene also has an amy milan type voice.

plus, ray lamontagne is wonderful.

btw - have you picked up his new cd??

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home