Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crooked Fingers...

I stepped myself down from the ledge yesterday after reading quanks post on Clear Channel and avoided a diatribe on this here blog. I am not a big fan and I blame the gov't. 1996 Telecommunications Act (thank you Clinton) has worked out swimmingly allowing this conglomeration of media outlets

Anyway, I broke an almost two month drought this week of no new music. My most recent additions are the new Minus Five record and Crooked Fingers 'Dignity and Shame.'


I have spent most of my time listening to Crooked Fingers who are a Seattle based band by way of Chapel Hill, NC. Frontman Eric Bachman used to front 90's NC indie stalwarts Archers of Loaf. Dignity and Shame is an excellent record built on folk, country and roots music with a nice indie rock flare. I have known about Crooked Fingers for awhile since I saw them 4 or 5 years ago at the Cats Cradle in Chapel Hill but was a little skeptical back then because Bachman live sounded a lot like Neil Diamond! Kind of still does, but I guess there is nothing wrong with that. I will definitely be checking the back catalog in the coming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home