Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Records 2006....

Okay. so records 2006. This has been a somewhat down year in my opinion. Most of my top albums of 2006 probably would not hold a candle to 2005. I like to define bands by having two year cycles. Wilco, Hayden, Arcade Fire, Iron & Wine, Modest Mouse & Interpol slipped through without releasing an album (The Shins missed their three year cycle and Ryan Adams his three month!).

So, here they are.....my albums of 2006:

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever I Say I Am I Am Not
Elected - Sun, Sun, Sun
Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time
Cold War Kids - Cold War Kids
Eric Bachmann - To The Races
I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
Mason Jennings - Boneclouds
Seafood - Paper Crown King
The Stills - Without Feathers
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

So despite the disappointment, 2007 is stacking up to be an awesome year if certain bands can live up to the hype. Due out are Bloc Party, Wilco, Bright Eyes, Radiohead, Polyphonic Spree, The National, Modest Mouse (with Johnny Marr!), Jesse Malin, Clap You Hands And Say Yeah.

Now, unfortunately there are certain records I have not been able to check you since they have not been released in the US:
The Veils
Magic Numbers
Ed Harcourt

And of course the disappointments of 2006:
Razorlight
The Killers
Elefant
The Strokes

Next up, songs of 2006!

6 Comments:

Blogger quank said...

i also disagree w/ the strokes being a disappointment. "you only live once" is definitely in my top ten favorite songs of '06.

11:43 AM

 
Blogger quank said...

and wait - polyphonic spree?

11:43 AM

 
Blogger creeperjam said...

alright, alright....it is not that i did not enjoy the strokes record but it did not live up to the last two. some songs just got on my nerves. like 15 minutes, what a god awful vocal performance.

and what is wrong w/ polyphonic spree?!

10:54 PM

 
Blogger quank said...

there are twenty three of them and they wear robes.

6:20 PM

 
Blogger creeperjam said...

uh, 25 and they wear black combat fatigues now.....geez!

12:51 PM

 
Blogger quank said...

are they trasping into their darker sides?

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home