Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Penny For My Thoughts....

What am I doing this weekend? Working. I work in the network cabling industry. To keep it short, my company makes the patch cords that plug into computers and the cabling infrastructure that runs behind the walls, in the ceilings, etc. of buildings. Well apparently the cost of copper is sky rocketing which is a key component in the cable. To put it in laymans terms on just how out of control it is, a penny is no longer worth 1 cent but rather 1.84 cents. Now I have to re-price a bunch of stuff so we can keep making money.

My proposal so we can control this copper supply in the future? I say forget the axis of evil, the next country W Bush should invade is Chile. That's right, Chile! They account for 30% of the worlds copper production. And hey, they have a history of dictatorship....so we could fabricate some logical reason for invasion. Pinochet anyone?

Management for some reason did not take this suggestion seriously. Apparently you can only invade countries for oil....er, I mean to free them...uh, I mean for WMD (CIA/NSA if you are monitoring this blog sorry, just slip of the tongue). Which means I am stuck working weekends instead of my favorite past time sleeping. Thanks for nothing W.......

SO, I am out to change the hearts and minds of the people in this fair country.....we need Chile! I will not rest (unless I am sleeping of course) until the copper lobby is bigger than the oil lobby, until there is a Bloc Party song that begins with "The price of copper, keeps on rising."

Chile here we come........

1 Comments:

Blogger creeperjam said...

you should try living in it, even scarier!

7:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home