Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Friday, September 08, 2006

Bob Dylan and the Corporation.....

I did the unthinkable (at least in my world) today. Was in Starbucks getting a nice tasty mocha treat and I could not resist but buy the new Bob Dylan record. Damn it!! Another death blow to cool record stores. Now, I knew I would buy it but convenience finally got the best of me. This damn area has no places to buy music anymore. I really try now to do most of my shopping on insound.com since they seem to be the only indie music store that is accessible to me now adays.

Despite my purchase, I still must say why Bobby...oh, why? The voice of a generation, the anti-establishment has gone the corporate route. Itunes commercials, starbucks, victoria secret for the love of god!! It has become a strange world indeed.

Better news though is that US itunes is actually carrying something the UK itunes usually only has which is the new Seafood record, Papercrown King!! Everyone get on line and buy it. They are great.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home