Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Best of the Decade (2005).....

Since I am a music geek and have a lot of time on my hands, it is time to compile the top ten records for each year of this glorious new decade (by the way what do you call this decade??).

Over the next few days I will work my way back through the years. These lists may change depending on feedback. I am sure my memory will fail me as I go back in time.

Let's start with 2005, not necessarily in order except the first two. Record labels included for your researching pleasure:

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (Vice)
National - Alligator (Beggars Banquet)
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak (RCA)
Shout Out Louds - Howl Howl Gaff Gaff (Capitol)
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning (Saddle Creek)
Stars - Set Yourself On Fire (Arts & Crafts)
Wolf Parade - Apologies to The Queen Mary (Sub Pop)
Youth Group - Skeleton Jar (Epitaph)
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Jacksonville City Lights (Lost Highway)
Magic Numbers - Magic Numbers (Capitol)

1 Comments:

Blogger quank said...

after seeing stars at perhaps my worst concert experience ever, i don't know if i'd include them on the best of 2005. i'd replace them with the white stripes.

also, liked "cold roses" better than "jacksonville city nights." :)

7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home