Come with me and we will be in a world of pure imagination. To the confines of music and politics we go......

Friday, May 12, 2006

Life of a Hermit.....

I have been without internet access in my place the last few days. These Indian givers in my apartment complex have cut me off of their wireless. The gall!

Anyway, my post on albums the other day was a tad mistaken. Apparently the Raconteurs album does not come out until next week in the states. This according to the 72 year old man working the Borders music section. You could just see his mind churning in his eyes, "What kind of hippie music does this little bugger have me looking up on this computer thingie? In my day...." Why was I at Borders? Because the Virgin Megastore I usually go to is going out of business and this was the closest spot. Follow up question, why did I go to Virgin? I do not like big retail chains typically but I will give Virgin credit, they had almost every album I ever came looking for and I tried some stumpers. They had a Rosebuds EP on the day of release..the Rosebuds?! Now I have to find a new spot to buy new music, all our indie stores are way down town though. No itunes either...I like to touch and feel and look at the artwork! By the way, only record I bought was the Stills album on Tuesday. The others will just have to wait!!

As Stephen Colbert would say, moving on. My brother from another mother Matt has started his own blog http://mrnovembersnerves.blogspot.com/ (no I haven't tried to figure out the link thing yet). For you baseball fans it is not modeled after Reggie Jackson but a real swell tune by the National. He has big news about himself but I shall not spread rumors, you may view for yourself. Congrats Matt!! Just let me know if you want to try that reality show experiment with me and Leah next year!

PS - How come on blogspot.com when you run the spell checker they try to change the word blog??? Very odd......

2 Comments:

Blogger creeperjam said...

i did not say i followed baseball!!!! oops :)

5:28 PM

 
Blogger quank said...

i cannot live without the internet. that's sad.

10:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home